Unrivaled Speech ReproductionProviding unrivaled speech reproduction and voice intelligibility, with an outstanding speech transmission index of (.80), the Pure Resonance Audio SD5 offers a wide dispersion of high-frequency sounds, allowing listeners to clearly catch speech from a much wider proximity.
The frequency response needed to clearly hear a human voice is between 200 Hz and 7 kHz. Consonant sounds typically fall into a higher frequency band between 2 kHz and 7 kHz. In order for listeners to clearly hear what is being communicated through a speaker, the speaker must be able to spread a wide range of high frequency sounds across a room.
Unlike conventional speakers that tend to have a very narrow high-frequency dispersion pattern, the SD5, through its proprietary design, has the ability to evenly disperse these critical frequency sounds, providing unprecedented crystal clear sound and speech reproduction to the listening audience.
Cutting Edge Design Creates The Best CoverageBacked by more than 30 years of drop tile speaker research and development, the new SD5 is built with a proprietary high-frequency driver and frequency-matched low-frequency drivers that extend the crossover point well below traditional ceiling speakers creating better audio coverage and response.
The proprietary tweeter technology works in perfect harmony with an array of custom-engineered drivers to reduce frequency cancellation and provide crystal clear sound. Strategically engineered waveguides shape the sound as it travels away from the speaker array eliminating any potential problem areas in the room. Additionally, the SD5's reinforced wave-guide housing and directional vortex porting maximize audio dispersion and reduce turbulence within the speaker system. This cutting edge design offers 360 degrees of smooth, crisp clear audio coverage. Features
- Omnidirectional coverage pattern provides 360 x 180 of consistent frequency response
- Powerful proprietary tweeter design with a lower crossover point improves vocal performance
- Wave guided housing directs sound where it needs to go
- Ported enclosure is acoustically optimized and tuned with bass-reflex for turbulence reduction
- Low profile metal back-box comes with built-in safety suspension points
- Takes just minutes to install, simply remove one ceiling tile and drop the SD5 into any standard drop-ceiling grid